Monday, January 11, 2010

Project Me

So this was the Monday project for last Monday. Since you are just now reading it or seeing the post I clearly did not complete it for last Monday. I am a Monday behind right now.

These are some questions that the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans proposed we answer for the new Rethink Your Shrink challenge. I have been thinking about these questions for a week and I am just now getting a foot hold on my answers.

What in 2009 did not work?
Making excuses and giving up did not work. Whether they are real world excuses and/or reasons for why I didn't make it to the gym or that I didn't eat well, it just plain didn't work. I would be sick one or two days in a row with a seizure or a migraine and pretty much write off the rest of the week. So whatever I did do in the gym or to eat right was out the window the minute I gave up.



What were my weight loss goals?

I wanted to lose about 10 - 15 pounds and tone up my body and get rid of the baby weight. I did weigh about 144 and I did get down to 134. But it simply happened from eating right 2 days a week and maybe working out 2 days a week. But it didn't take a whole lot of effort.


Did I fall short of achieving those goals?

I fell short of the 10 - 15 pounds in that I didn't tone my body. You can loose some of the fat but if it isn't toned it isn't pretty.


What were and are my biggest obstacles?
My health is my biggest obstacle. I am so sick of it keeping me down. I really need to focus on balancing my mind and body on a daily basis and stop giving up just because I am sick or something.



What was my “rock bottom” moment?
Almost every other week felt like a rock bottom moment. Having seizures, and migraines is difficult to learn to deal with and make a part of my life. I am also a first time mother and it has been hard to learn to be a mother in many aspects.


What are my bad habits?

I don't always eat because I am sick or I don't feel like eating. When I am depressed I LOVE gooey fudge brownies and ice cream. I ask my hubby to stop by the store to get these items so I don't feel guilt if I were to buy them. I totally make the excuse of "Well my husband brought it home." But he also didn't put the brownie mix in a pan and bake them, put it in a bowl with some vanilla ice cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Or did he?

What has worked with my goals?
Well, that one is a hard question because I honestly don't know that I have done much. When I do get to the gym and eat right, I feel great and I have some motivation.


So here it is, I know what went wrong and now it is time to fix that. I have no idea how to even begin trying. I think that I will have to work on that post another time.

2 comments:

  1. its gotta be hard balancing health issues with reaching your goals. what's the point in looking good if you don't feel good. hopefully you'll be able to overcome your obstacles in the year to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying is taking it one step at a time and writing this out is that one step so good for you. Its all mind over matter which I talk about in *my* Monday project. You just have to want to do it but we're here to help and support you! I totally feel better about myself when I'm working out and eating right too. It only stands to reason.

    Remember, one step at a time. First step, stop asking hubby to bring stuff home.

    ReplyDelete